Using Positive Degree
as + adjective + as → You can use as….as to show that two things or people are similar in some way
- The tiger is as dangerous as the lion.
- The rose is as beautiful as the sunflower.
Using Comparative degree
Adjective + er + than ….(for adjective with one syllable)
More + adjective + than ……..(for adjective with more than one syllables)
→ when you are comparing two things you can use a comparative adjective with than.
- The apples are smaller than the coconuts.
- The motorcycle is more expensive than the bicycle.
Using Superlative Degree
The + adjective + est ….(for adjective with one syllable
The most + adjective ……..(for adjective with more than one syllables)
→ when you are comparing three or more things, one of which is superior or inferior to the other, you can use a superlative with the
- Father is the oldest in my family.
- The rose is the most beautiful flower in my garden.